© BANGSBO MUSEUM
Built by A/S Burmeister & Wain’s Maskin- og Skibsbyggeri, Copenhagen, no. 666.
Cargoship * 1d * 2ha/2ho, 156,380gr/144,250ba, 4095gr/ba *
2273grt, 1164nrt, 3030dw * 86.35/80.75×12.95/12.93×6.65/5.923 *
1D 4SA 6cyl. (550×1000), B&W 655-MGF-100, 950bhp, 10.75kn, (no. 3505) *
The main engine was experimentally built to be fired by gasified coal due to shortage of oil during W.W. II.
11.06.1941: Ordered. Contract price: 3,130,000 DKK.
22.09.1941: Keel laid.
23.02.1943: Trials and delivered to Navitas A/S (H. N. Ibsen), København.
11.04.1943: Sailed Copenhagen for Danzig.
19.05.1944: On voyage Nordenham-Aarhus with coal in a convoy struck a mine about 10 miles north north west of Rote Sand Light. Engines and generators were heavily damaged, and she was taken in tow for Bremerhaven.
04.10.1946: Sold to A/S Det Østasiatiske Kompagni – ØK, København. Price: 3.45 m.DKK.
21.10.1946: Arrived at Nordbassin, Copenhagen from Emden.
25.10-02.11.1946: Repaired by the builders. Renamed BINTANG.
16.11.1946: Sailed Copenhagen for Luleå. 26.01.1956: On voyage Bangkok for Hongkong grounded on the Paracel Islands.
26.02.1956: Refloated and towed to Hongkong.
07.03.1956: Arrived in tow at Hongkong. Repaired.
23.05.1956: Sailed Hongkong for Bangkok.
17.01.1969: Sold to Jernhavnen Masnedø (Svend Bergsøe’s Fond), Masnedø for demolition.
15.04.1969: However transferred to Paul Bergsøe & Søn, Masnedø and converted into a lighter (main engine removed).
07.10.1969: Renamed BERA IV.
03.05.1976: Reported as broken up at Masnedø.